Raybeem VR (2017+)
VR music visualizer created by Me
- Project: Raybeem - Live in Your Music (2017 - present)
- Role: Creator, Unity Engineer, 3D Artist, Tech Art, UI, Designer
- Developed by: Sokay
- Platform: PC (Steam), VR (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive)
I designed and developed this VR music visualizer inspired by rave culture. So far it features 4 different themes that react to music in different ways. Import your own tunes, play the embedded soundtrack or set it to "react" to audio you play through your computer.
- Available now on Steam. Supports both Oculus Rift & HTC Vive VR headsets.
- Solo project - I coded, created the artwork and designed the interface.
- Developed with Unity 5 for Windows. Mobile VR version in the works.
- Attractmode camera system that displays the scene from interesting angles while VR isn't active.
- Exhibiting regularly in Los Angeles since July 2017.
This photo's from Raybeem on the dance floor of a 2-night trance event at Garage Gallery in Downtown LA.
Users automatically engage with Raybeem in a live party setting.
We exhibited Raybeem at VRLA 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
A wide variety of users got to experience Raybeem, from young'ns to adults.
This is the "Highway" theme. Pass through a randomized city layout as the city lights flash to the beat.
In the "Fire-Dancer" theme, spin flaming nunchuks around in the middle of a dark desert. Inspired by a desert rave I went to a while back.
In the "Blue" theme, toggle between 8 color palettes on the fly. Engage with particles that are being shaped by the audio around you.